Any Time. Any Pace.
Corridor Running welcomes runners and walkers of every age and athletic ability. It is common for prospective members to worry that they are too slow to joining a running club. We’re here to assure you: You’re not. Whether you run a 15-minute mile, a 5-minute mile or anything in between, we’re happy to have you become a part of our running community.
Your membership dues help us provide opportunities for area runners, local charities, as well as advocate for the local running community. Plus there are additional perks as part of your membership.
Annual membership fees:
- $20 for an Individual (Additional $5 for each child)
- $15 for College or Military (active or former)
- $180 for VIP Membership (see benefits below)
Any donation to Corridor Running above the standard membership rate above is eligible for a tax donation.
So what are you waiting for? Join or renew* your annual membership online.
*Annual memberships run from January 1st – December 31st.
In addition to the standard membership, we have a VIP membership for $180. The VIP membership is an exciting new opportunity that gets you access to everything! VIP members will receive the following:
- Corridor Running Membership through 12/31/2021.
- Entry to 8 Corridor Running Races (Entry for Run CRANDIC is not included, but a discount is available)
- VIP exclusive race bibs for each race
- VIP expedited packet pickup and bag check
- Access to participate in the annual race circuit
- Discounts at local businesses (visit corridorrunning.com for more details)
*value based on registering for all 8 races separately during the midway through each registration time frame.
Individual, College, Military, and additional youth members get $3 off of all Corridor Running races in 2021 when you use the discount code that is included as your “Transaction Code” when you register. Of course, VIP Members get comp entries to ALL 8 races. Additionally, all members are able to participate in the annual race circuit, receive discounts to local businesses, participate in weekly group training runs, and enjoy a tax deduction for any donation to Corridor Running above the standard membership fee.
Your membership fee will quickly pay for itself.
- $3 discount to all Corridor Running sponsored races:
- Freeze Fest
- Shamrock Shuffle
- Run CRANDIC *not included in VIP
- Marion Arts Fest
- Fifth Season Races
- New Bo Run
- Swamp Fox
- Timber Trek
- Indian Summer
- Discounts at Corridor Running Fit Families promoters (must present your Fit Families card):
- Examples of discounts include
- Northtowne Cycling and Fitness, CR: 5% discount on all bikes, clothing, & equipment. (No sale items)
- We Run in North Liberty and Cedar Rapids: 15% discount on all merchandise (No sale items)
- Iowa Running Company in Cedar Rapids: 20% discount on shoes
- Heartland Soles Running and Walking Store: 15% Discount on shoes
- Examples of discounts include
- Participation in the Corridor Running race circuit
- Earn points for participating in and/or volunteering for local race events. There are great prizes such as custom running gear, hats, t-shirts and more!
- Support the continuation of FREE social events and weekly group runs
- Tuesday Night Track (TNT)
- Thursday night NewBo group runs
- Volunteer Recognition
- Run Turkey Run group run on Thanksgiving
- Ugly “Sweat”er Run in December In Iowa City
- Additional social event and group runs to be announced!
- Tax deduction on any donation over the standard membership dues.
- Connection to the Corridor Running community through social media with Facebook (www.facebook.com/corridorrunning), Twitter (@CorridorRunning), and Instagram (corridorrunning).
- Access to current club news by signing up for the newsletter, The Torch, through the link on corridorunning.com
- Weekly group training runs most all year long in Cedar Rapids, North Liberty, and Iowa City. Visit the website for more details.
- Eligibility for $100 bonus at the Corridor Running Fifth Season Races – Health Solutions Fifth Season 8K fastest male and female Corridor Running member.
Corridor Running membership is open to all interested parties, including walkers, joggers, non-competitive runners, and competitive runners, regardless of age, gender, athletic ability, race, sexual orientation, etc. Basically, everyone is welcome! The club sanctions nine races per year, organizes various group training runs, hosts social events, and distributes a newsletter (The TORCH) biweekly. For questions related to Corridor Running membership, please e-mail email@example.com
Power of the Group
One of the great things about running is it’s an activity that you can do just about anytime, anywhere — all by yourself. You don’t need a team for this sport, but joining forces with fellow runners has a lot of advantages.
- Support and Motivation – When your Tuesday evening running group is counting on you to join them, you’re less likely to skip your workout. Our members help keep each other on track to meet their goals.
- Learning – Get tips on training techniques, discover new running routes, trade nutrition tips, discuss your favorite gear, and more.
- Safety – Running in a group can be safer than running on your own. There’s someone nearby to call for help in case of an emergency, and cars are more likely to see a group of runners and give them the right of way.
- Fun – Long runs seem to go by faster when you have friends beside you. Plus we have plenty of fun social events throughout the year.
Corridor Running offers all these benefits — and more — to our members in Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, and the surrounding areas.
All current Corridor Running members are invited to attend the monthly board meetings. Information can be found in the Torch.