Runners—All Paces Welcome for Group Runs
Corridor Running sponsors weekly group runs and workouts in Cedar Rapids and Iowa City. Find one (or more!) that fits your schedule and come out for a new challenge, a bit of camaraderie, or the opportunity to shake up your routine.
Make one workout or make them all! Check the calendar for any additions to this schedule. And join our mailing list to receive updates and changes to the weekly group run schedule in your inbox.
6:00 p.m. (5:30 p.m. in October) – Washington High School Track
Tuesday Night Track (TNT) is an organized track workout with 3 training options provided or bring your own. 2-mile or less warm up and cool down. All pace levels and walkers welcome. Speed work is about YOUR paces, it is not about keeping up with anyone else — it is your workout. For additional information read the FAQ and workouts are posted on the Facebook Group Page.
Note: TNT runs from March through October.
6:00 p.m. – We Run Cedar Rapids
Generally the Tuesday evening group run is one hour and we will run an out and back on the trail with runners going 2-6.5 miles depending on the desired distance and pace.
- Runners begin to gather at 5:45 p.m. and runs begin at 6 p.m.
- All experience levels welcome!
- Two running groups offered each week. We Run will lead a shorter run for those interested in going 3-5 miles. Corridor Running will lead a longer run for those interested in running 6-10 miles.
- Expect to arrive back from the run between 6:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Join Couch to 5K – set a goal to complete Freedom Festival 5K on July 4. For more information, http://corridorrunning.com/couch-5k/
- If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Additional information on Meet Me at the Market can be found at meetmecr.org.
- December 28th, 2017 – April 26th, 2018
- Cedar Rapids: Start and end at Iowa Running Company
- Iowa City: Start and end at Big Grove Brewery in Iowa City
- Training begins at 6:00 P.M.
- All experience levels welcome!
- For more information and the specific weekly workouts, visit https://iowarun.com/group-runs
7 a.m. – The Saturday morning group runs change weekly, but there is an organized group e-mail that is sent out with information on the group run and location. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to be added to the Saturday Group run distribution list. Join us for a awesome group run followed by a casual break with a lot of running talk.
Morning – No Regrets Running group run. July – August. See the No Regrets Running section below for more information. Runs are posted on Facebook along with Event pages so you can join the group runs.
8 a.m. – Bertam Road Parking Lot, located about 1/2 mile South off Mt. Vernon Rd SE and Bertram Road intersection. The crushed limestone Sac & Fox trail follows the Cedar River and Indian Creek on the southeast side of Cedar Rapids. Join in on the Sunday morning runs of a distance and pace of your choice. Most Sunday runs are followed by a group breakfast at a local restaurant.
Morning – No Regrets Running group run. March – August. See the No Regrets Running section below for more information. Runs are posted on Facebook along with Event pages so you can join the group runs.
No Regrets Running
The No Regrets Running group is a group that welcomes all levels to train but more importantly share the fun and energy that running provides to someone.
- Workouts for the week are posted on the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/NoRegretsRunning/ for people to follow during the week.
- A weekend group run is held on Sunday up to end of June then offered on Saturday and Sunday in July and August.
- Any questions can be directed on the facebook page or sending an email to email@example.com
We look forward to running with you!
IOWA CITY / NORTH LIBERTY
6:00 p.m. – We Run North Liberty
Generally the Wednesday eve group run is one hour and we will run an out and back on the trail with runners going 2-6.5 miles depending on the desired distance and pace.