Support the Eastern Iowa running community
Cheer on friends and family or promote your community group by volunteering at a Corridor Running event. Corridor Running sponsors nine events each year, and each one needs 50 volunteers or more to create a fun, supportive, and safe race day experience for our runners.
We welcome club members and non-members alike. And many of our volunteer positions are ideal community service opportunities for groups like scouting troops, cheerleaders, sports teams, neighborhood organizations, and more.
Positions vary by race, and may include:
- Packet pickup — Distribute race packets to runners and help with race-day registration (4 to 30 people)
- Course monitors/traffic control — Direct runners during the race to help them stay on course (10 people or more, depending on course length)
- Finish line help – Collect timing chips or distribute post-race drinks and snacks (12 people or more)
- Water station workers— Fill water cups and hand them to runners (at least 5 people per water station)
- Course set-up and tear-down — Set up or tear down the finish line, signage, water station and refreshment tables and more (15 to 20 people)
For more information, or to volunteer, contact us.
Or check out individual race details for more information about specific volunteer opportunities. (Volunteer for our biggest events, like the Fifth Season Races and The New Bo Run, get a free T-shirts, too!)